The Policy covers how the Website processes personal information collected from you when you use service provided on the Website. The Policy is neither applied to any contents or privacy policies and practices of any other websites linked from the Website or any other websites of HIWIN nor applied to persons not entrusted by the Website or involved in the management of the Website. HIWIN is not responsible for any contents or privacy policies and practices of non-HIWIN websites to which www.hiwin.tw or any other the Website may link.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you visit the Website or use service provided on the Website, HIWIN will ask you to provide necessary personal information based on the nature of service. It is completely optional for you to engage in these services. If you elect to engage in these services, however, HIWIN may ask you to provide your personal information, such as your first and last name, address (including postal code), E-mail address, company name, title and department, telephone and fax numbers and other personally identifiable information. Depending upon the services, some of the information that we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular services, you will not be able to engage in that services.
When you browse or access the Website, the server of the Website will record relevant movements automatically, including the IP address of your connected device, time of use, browser used and records of data browsed and clicked, as a reference for HIWIN to enhance service on the Website. Such records are for internal use only and will never be disclosed.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
HIWIN collects your personal information to record and assist you in using selected service. The personal information provided by you also helps HIWIN provide you with information on product upgrade and other products and service of HIWIN and specific third parties.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
HIWIN recognizes and appreciates the importance of responsible use of information collected on the Website. If you do not want the information you provide to HIWIN to be used to inform you of other products or services available from HIWIN, and you indicate this preference when you provide your personal information to HIWIN, HIWIN will honor your preference. In addition, HIWIN may selectively provide certain information for you. However, if you provide HIWIN with inconsistent privacy preferences (for example, you agree to the Website’s advertising first but later disagree), HIWIN cannot guarantee that your most recent privacy preference will be honored.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
HIWIN will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in the Policy, unless a longer retention period is permitted by law or required to fulfill other necessary purposes. For example, for customer relationship management purpose, HIWIN may retain your personal information within adequate and reasonable period; to comply with tax laws or other law and regulations, HIWIN may retain your personal information within the period requested by such laws and regulations; to follow requests from governments or judiciary for purposes such as investigation or lawsuit, HIWIN may retain your personal information for longer retention period. Moreover, if you wish to withdraw your previous consent to collect your personal information from HIWIN, HIWIN will stop collecting your personal information by your request and will only retain your personal information collected before such request for withdrawal.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information that you provide in connection with registering yourself as the Website user or registering a HWIN product is classified as Registration Information. Registration Information is protected in several ways. Access by you to your Registration Information is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. HIWIN recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone.
The mainframes of the Website are equipped with information security equipment and necessary security protection measures, such as firewalls and anti-virus systems, to protect the Website and your personal information. Only authorized personnel are allowed to have access to your personal information. Relevant processing personnel have signed a confidentiality contract. Those who violate confidentiality obligations will be subjected to relevant legal punishments.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
The Website will never provide, exchange, rent or sell any of your personal information to other individuals, groups, private enterprises or public agencies except there are legal bases or contractual obligations, including but not limited to the following:
Your written consent;
Express provisions of laws;
To avoid dangers of your life, body, freedom or property;
Cooperation with public agencies or academic research institutions for statistical or academic research based on public interest, and information processed or collected by providers is unable to identify specific parties based on its disclosure;
When your movements on the Website violate the terms of service or may harm or hinder the Website and other users’ rights or cause damage to anyone, the management of the Website analyzes and discloses your personal information for identification, communication or legal actions;
For your rights and interests; and
When entrusting a vendor or individual to assist in collecting, processing or using your personal information, the Website is responsible for the supervision and management of the vendor or individual.
CROSS-BORDER PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You understand and consent that when you agree to provide your personal information to HIWIN, your personal information may transfer, storage, use or process to HIWIN and any of its affiliated entities who may be located in a different country to you. All said transfer, storage, or process of your personal information, shall be subject to the Policy and applicable laws on privacy protection and personal data security.
- HIWIN use the Google Analytics service from Google, Inc. ((hereinafter referred to as Google) on some pages on the Website to understand how you use the Website.
- The functions of cookies settings may vary depending on the type and version of browser you install. HIWIN try to list common and widely-used types of browsers as following. You may refer to the following linkage to understand how to control your cookies settings through such browsers (The content in the following linkage is English. For your easier reading, please find the language option in the following linkage to select your preferred language). Also, if you do not use anyone of the following browsers, or the content in the following linkage is removed or not accessible, please visit those browsers’ privacy-related statements or support pages for further information. You may also refer to https://www.aboutcookies.org/ (the content in this linkage is English) which introduces how to manage your cookies settings through various browsers.
UPDATING AND DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You have the right to access and correct your personal information at any time. With respect to registration information, you can view and change your registration information by logging into your account on the Website.
- You may contact HIWIN at any time to cease HIWIN’s use of your personal information. HIWIN will remove your personal information from its database as soon as reasonably practicable.
- You can make a request to view, copy, supplement and correct, stop collecting, processing or using or delete personal information you provide through HIWIN's E-mail：email@example.com.
Updated October 25, 2018 by HIWIN Technologies Corp.